Readers of this post, I would recommend to read my earlier posting 'An Institution Of Marriage' , 'How Can Communication Help In Building a Strong Relationship' and If Marriages are made in heaven, then is Divorce made in Hell ?.These posts you can find under the label My Journey of life.
I would like to recall a famous quote here:
"A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' come together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences."
In today’s society we come across couples very often who are not very happy in their married life and sometimes they end up in a divorce. In this post I would like to highlight some of the reasons for the failure in marriage.
• Communication - proper communication is the crux of any good relationship. Only through good communication can we know how and what our partner is feeling. Without open communication between two people we can't possibly know what and to what extent something may be bothering someone.Lack of communication in one of the important reason for an unsuccessful marriage. "Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation."
• The ability to adapt to changes in married life often depends on having realistic expectations about a spouse and the marriage relationship itself. It is common for disillusionment to set in when romantic or other unrealistic expectations are not met. Over time, unmet expectations can generate enough dissatisfaction to make meaningful compromise impossible.
• Many people have a fantasy view of love. Some get married because they feel they have to due to pressure from family or friends. Or they see all of there friends getting married so they feel they should too. So they rush into a marriage prematurely. Others get married because of premarital pregnancy. Couples that are too young and inexperienced who think they are in love will often get married. They may soon realize that they don't truly love this person or they are not mature enough to handle the more difficult relationship problems that may arise in a marriage.
• Couples fail to cope with life’s trials. When painful trials come into the marriage, instead of standing together through them, couples tend to blame each other or think something is wrong with the spouse and the way they handle the pain.
• Work and home schedules are not always compatible. Time spent apart and times spent together are equally important for maintaining a good married relationship. When time is used in a balanced way, it results in opportunities for growth and harmony. A lot of time spent alone without a corresponding period of quality time spent together puts a lot of stress on a marriage.
• In today’s fast world everybody wants to achieve more in less time and effort, which leads to high expectations. Also now the society is becoming more materialistic and in this race for fulfilling materialistic dreams couples end up in conflicts.
- Karwa Chauth – A Reflection of Joy, Splendor, Brig...
- The Fours Ashrams of Life – A Rational and a Scien...
- If Marriages are Made in Heaven ,then Is Divorce M...
- Tilak – A Mark of Hinduism on the Forehead
- Some Important Reasons for Failure of Marriage
- Guru Purnima – Celebrated By Hindus to Honor their...
- The Attire Of Elegance Sari Continued…The Colorful...
- Navratri –Nine Divine Nights devoted to Shakti
- Tips to Balance Work and Family Life
- ▼ September (9)