Holland is a country with a rich historical and traditional heritage. The Dutch themselves are very traditional people. Holland would not be Holland without the famous tulips, windmills, cheese and wooden shoes. Wooden clogs are considered by many as a form of Dutch traditional dress. Many think that all Dutch people wear clogs, which is why Dutch are sometimes called ‘cloggies’. But that's not right! Only a "few" people in Holland wear wooden shoes, about 5000, maybe more, maybe less, so only a small part of the population. And almost all the people wearing wooden shoes are farmers or people in a nursery. In Dutch, clogs are known as klompen. Dutch wooden shoes are famous all over the world and wearing them will make you stand out from any crowd! The Dutch have been wearing them for over 700 years and millions of farmers, children, artisans, working people and gardeners still wear them every day, keeping up a beautiful tradition!
Clog means a type of shoe or sandal made predominantly out of wood. Nowadays, "clogs" also means comfortable slip-on shoes. They are associated with the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark and Sweden (though Swedish clogs do not resemble Dutch clogs)
Some features of wooden shoes are:
• Cheap footwear.
• Wooden shoes are easy to clean.
• Wooden shoes are warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
• Wooden shoes are safe; they protect the entire foot, not just the toes.
• Wooden shoes keep your feet dry, for instance when you're gardening. The wood absorbs perspiration and your feet are always surrounded by fresh air inside the wooden shoes. That's why wooden shoes are worn by thousands of construction workers, farmers, fishermen, road workers, factory workers and artisans all around the world.
• There are also a lot of people who wear wooden shoes because you can get in and out of them easily without wasting a lot of time.
• The orthopedic form wooden shoes support your feet.
• They make an excellent gift or souvenir and they are great for garden and home decoration!
• You can even decorate your garden and home with these fascinating clogs.
• Due to them being made of solid wood, Dutch clogs have been given rating which passed the EU CE standards with flying colors.
- Polka Dots
- What is Love ?
- Indian Spices – Mix of Rich Taste and Medicines
- Some Cool Dishes For Hot Summers
- Rangoli – Beautiful Collage of Colors
- The Attire Of Elegance Sari continued...Banarsi Sa...
- Give Yourself A Kool Image With Clogs
- Bindi...A Icon of Indian Tradition On The Forehead...
- Herbalife….Live the Good Life!
- Deep fried Mirchi (Chilli)
- Bichiya (Toe Ring)
- The Fairy Parade…
- 'Small is beautiful' fits very well for Tata Nano
- How To Feel Beautiful??????
- Balika Vadhu -Kachchi Umar Ke Pakke Rishte
- Men vs Women
- ▼ June (18)