Besan Shimla Mirch
This is my version of Besan Shimla Mirch
Category Main course vegetable
Region All of India
Also Called Several names (depending upon the region)
Descriptive English Name Spicy Capsicum
Served Hot, with roti (whole wheat Indian bread), or steamed white rice
Cooking Time 20 minutes
• 500 gms Finely Chopped Green Shimla Mirch
• 2 Onions finely chopped
• 1/2Tbs Jeera
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp Besan
• 1 tsp Red chili powder
• 2 tsp coriander powder
• Asafetida a small pinch
• Coriander leaves
• 1/2tbsp Lime Juice
• 3 tbsps Oil
• Salt to taste
Wash Shimla Mirch under running water. Pat the Shimla Mirch dry with a clean kitchen towel Finely chop Shimla Mirch & Onion.
In a thick base frying pan, heat the oil with Jeera until they splutter and stir-fry the onions & then add Shimla Mirch let both cook together & add all spices. Cook until translucent. Now add the besan & stir well until its turns golden brown. Lastly, sprinkle some water, lime juice and cover it with a lid for about 5 minutes. Garnish the dish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Do not cook with a very tight lid on the pan otherwise it will make the dish very sticky
- I miss those days of…
- The Attire of Elegance….Sari
- An institution of marriage..
- Tomato Chutney (Tamatar Ki Chutney)
- I always wanted to be a Woman….
- Besan Ka Cheela
- How can communication help in building a strong re...
- Mistakes are the best teachers....
- How to build Trust……
- Green Moong dal Bhajiya (Mangode)
- Baby Corn Ki Sabji (Bhutte ke sabji)
- 30 Things That Make You Happy…
- 30 lessons of life
- Spicy Besan Ki Sabji
- Dahi Wale Aloo
- Time for Solid food for Baby
- Besan Shimla Mirch This is my version of Besan ...
- Residential Property Market In Mumbai
- Bhindi Amchur
- Teaching a good night sleep habit
- Baby massage
- Journey from woman to motherhood
- ▼ May (23)
Tuesday, May 12, 2009