This is my version of Dahi Wale Aloo
Category Main course vegetable
Region All of India
Also Called Several names (depending upon the region)
Descriptive English Name Curd Potato
Served Hot, with roti (whole wheat Indian bread), or steamed white rice.
Cooking Time 20 minutes
These Dahi wale Aloo can be served on fast (Upvas)
• 500 gms Boiled Aloo (Potato)
• 1/2 Tbs Jeera
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (Do not use if preparing for fast)
• 1/2 Cup Yoghurt
• 1/2 tsp Red chilli (Do not use if preparing for fast)
• 3 Finely copped Green Chilli
• 2 tbs coriander powder ((Do not use if preparing for fast)
• Asafetida (Heeng) a small pinch ((Do not use if preparing for fast)
• Coriander leaves Finely Chopped
• 2 tbsps Oil or butter (Use Desi Ghee if preparing for fast)
• Salt to taste (Use sendha namak or rock salt if preparing for fast)
Boil potato & peel them cut into small cubes. Heat the oil in a pan with asafoetida, Jeera & followed by green chilli wait until they splutter. Now add boiled potatoes & add turmeric, coriander & red chilli powder salt. Fry until potatoes get roasted .Lower the flame & then add curd & stir well until all of it is well blended. Now add 2 cups of water bring the mixture to boil & cook for uncovered for 5-6 min on low flame. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot.
Make sure potatoes are roasted well light brown,it will give a crisp taste in the dish.
- I miss those days of…
- The Attire of Elegance….Sari
- An institution of marriage..
- Tomato Chutney (Tamatar Ki Chutney)
- I always wanted to be a Woman….
- Besan Ka Cheela
- How can communication help in building a strong re...
- Mistakes are the best teachers....
- How to build Trust……
- Green Moong dal Bhajiya (Mangode)
- Baby Corn Ki Sabji (Bhutte ke sabji)
- 30 Things That Make You Happy…
- 30 lessons of life
- Spicy Besan Ki Sabji
- Dahi Wale Aloo
- Time for Solid food for Baby
- Besan Shimla Mirch This is my version of Besan ...
- Residential Property Market In Mumbai
- Bhindi Amchur
- Teaching a good night sleep habit
- Baby massage
- Journey from woman to motherhood
- ▼ May (23)